Friday, October 14, 2011

Meeting the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps

On September 15th, I had the pleasure of attending the first ever Intelligence Awards Dinner.  I ran into a lot of Marines from my past, all the way back to Intel School Instructors I met in 1998!  It was a great honor to attend.  While I was there I also had the pleasure of meeting the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps.  He is the #1 on the enlisted side of the Marine Corps - We have the Commandant of the Marine Corps which is the #1 over all - but he is a 4 star General, the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps is his senior advisor on all enlisted matters.  Let's just say I was super excited to meet him, it's not everyday you get to shake hands with the boss! :o)


These were the other students for the school that attended as well (2 Sgt's from the Sgt's Course, 2 SSgt's from the Career Course and 2 GySgt's from the Advance Course).  Yes there is a GySgt missing...he decided to run to the ATM and missed the photo op!

No comments:

Post a Comment